Monitoring and Reporting
Wastewater facilities play an important role in their own overall
compliance status by providing proper operation and maintenance,
conducting routine self-audits, and by implementing adequate process
controls. In doing so, a facility can help prevent many potential
To ensure that surface water and ground water are adequately
protected, it is necessary to verify that discharges to these waters
meet permit limitations on the quality of the discharge. This is done
largely through self-monitoring activities performed by the wastewater
facilities as described above. The results of which are submitted to the
Department through monthly or quarterly Discharge
Monitoring Reports (DMRs) as required in their permits. This DMR
data is used to supplement the Departmentís compliance inspection
activities. Compliance inspection activities are performed by staff in
the Department's six district offices and
delegated local programs.
Newest Enhanced Version Ė Ez
Discharge Monitoring Report (EzDMR)
As part of the Departmentís ongoing efforts to improve business
processes, we have developed paper-less alternative for environmental
reporting using e-Commerce and Internet technologies. Currently, the
Department is working with Industrial and Domestic wastewater facilities
that are signing up to use the Electronic Discharge Monitoring Report (EzDMR)
System. The Departmentís web-enabled EzDMR System offers the advantage
of less process for the regulated community. By offering this
streamlined reporting option, the system offers significant labor
savings for both the Department and the public. Most importantly, while
saving these costs, the system also increases timeliness.
This enhanced electronic reporting system is accessed through the
Establish an Account Now
http://www.fldepportal.com/go/ or copy and paste the URL into your
- Already have an account? If no, then skip to Step 4.
If yes, then click on Sign In.
- Enter your id/password and click the "Sign In" button.
(Now skip to Step 8)
- If you are a new user to the DEP Business Portal, you
will need to register first. Please click on Register.
- Follow the instructions and complete the required
- Click the "Register" button. You will be sent an
email in order to verify your email address.
- Complete the verification process by following the
instructions in the email.
As in the current eDMR system, Certifiers will need to electronically
sign documents submitted to DEP using their PIN. To obtain a new
PIN, please follow the instructions below.
- Starting from the DEP Business Portal Homepage, Click
the "Submit" button.
- Click the "PIN Application" button.
- Click the "Apply for a Pin" button.
- Complete the required information and click the
"Generate a PIN Application" button.
- Complete the Electronic Subscriber Agreement form,
which will be sent to you in an email as an attachment. The email
will be from email@example.com.
- Have the form notarized and then mail the original
Florida Department of Environmental
Attn: ESA Processing
2600 Blair Stone Road MS 6520
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400
Your PIN will be emailed to you as soon as your request has been
Userís Guide and Help
- It will be easy to complete your online
reports for many reasons:
- Data entry screens will look very
similar to your current permit DMR,
- Data entry helpers will be available
such as mass-populating NODI codes and
excursions to help populate data,
- DMRs that require resubmission will
- Groundwater (Part D) reports will
remember previously entered data
elements such as Detection Limits,
Analysis Method, Sampling Equipment Use,
and Samples Filtered, and
- Search filters can be used to easily
locate specific DMRs.
- Users will be able to quickly upload (CSV, XML) and
download (PDF, CSV, XML) throughout the DMR data entry
- The account access process has been streamlined by
empowering the legally authorized facility
representatives to grant permissions to their employees
through the DEP Business Portal.
- Registered users will receive automated email
reminders when their various DMRs are due.
- Users will automatically receive a PDF copy of their
DMRs after submission.
- Daily (Part B) DMRs will now be uploaded as an
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at
Back to Wastewater | Compliance
| Domestic | Industrial