Reclaimed water can be used for many purposes
- Urban uses such as toilet flushing, car washing, dust
control, and aesthetic purposes (i.e. decorative lakes, ponds, and fountains)
uses such as irrigation of edible food crops such as, citrus,
corn, and soybeans; other crops such as, pasture lands,
grasslands, and other feed and fodder crops; and
- Wetlands creation, restoration, and enhancement.
- Recharging ground water with the use of rapid infiltration
basins (percolation ponds), absorption fields, and direct injection to ground waters.
- Augmentation of surface waters that are used for drinking
- Industrial uses including plant wash down, processing water,
and cooling water purposes.