* DEP Home * About DEP * Programs * Contact * Site Map * Search *
Corner of tabGround Water Management Program

Frequently Asked Questions


My drinking water looks and taste funny, Can I get my water tested?

Yes you can by calling the local county health department.


What is this FLUWID sticker on my well? Is there something wrong with my well?

That is a Florida Unique Well Identification tag that is used to easier find information on the construction details or if it has been tested. Think of it as a social security number for the well. It does not mean something is wrong, either the tag was given to the contractor after the well was constructed, it has been sampled, or the GPS location data on the well has been taken by DEP or DOH.


Question: Where can I find out construction information or sampling information?

For construction details call the local Water Management District. For sampling information call the County Health Department.

Question: I saw my neighbors pour chemical waste down their well, who do I call?

Call the Environmental Crimes Hotline at #DEP on your cell phone, 1-877-272-8335 or 1-877-2-SAVE-FL.

Question: Am I aloud to perform any repairs on my well?

No it is illegal to perform any repairs to your water well if you are not a licensed Water Well Contractor. Contact a licensed water well contractor by looking up Well Drilling in the yellow pages or on the web at http://waterwebprod.dep.state.fl.us/wwcvc/.

Last updated: November 17, 2016

  2600 Blair Stone Road M.S. 3500   Tallahassee, Florida 32399   850-245-8336 (phone) / 850-245-8356 (fax) 
DEP Home | About DEP  | Contact Us | Search |  Site Map