The following comments were received Monday, 11/02/09. These comments have been compiled without editing.
__________________________________________________ _______________

From P.K.
Please ban retail plastic bags.

From L.W.
To Whom It May Concern:

Please begin banning the use of plastic bags as soon as possible. The fact that these bags always seem to be floating around in the air and water to kill our wild animals should be reason enough. Until they can degrade quickly, they are a hazard and should be treated as such.

From L.V.
The state Legislature must prohibit retail companies from providing single-use paper and plastic bags.
There is no reason for this waste of resources and it will be an important reminder of other environmental issues that we need to adddress.
It will save landfill space and eventually save taxpayers money.

From D.T.
I use Plastic Bags all the time I also recycle by taking the bags to recycle area bins at the grocery store. I don’t think buying tote bags to go back and forth to the grocery store is sanitary, a lot of time things will leak or sweat which would make very unsanitary conditions. We have to deal with unsanitary conditions everywhere we go but we do not have to worry about what we put our food and other items into to bring them home. Not everyone will clean a bag before they reuse it. If everyone would work to recycle we probably would not have to worry about the PLASTIC BAG. If you ban the plastic bag people will just throw their garbage where ever they want to. Paper bags are mostly thrown away by people so if it’s a must to ban the PLASTIC BAG WHY NOT BAN ALL BAGS AND WATCH OUR BEAUTIFULL STATE BECOME A UNSANITARY STATE. PEOPLE CAUSE THE PROBLEMS NOT THE PRODUCTS WE MAKE.

From S.C.
WE ABSOLUTELY NEED TO BAN PLASTIC BAGS FROM STORES!!!!!!!

IF PEOPLE CANNOT BRING THEIR OWN BAGS, THEY SHOULD BE CHARGED A $1.00 A BAG!!!!!!!!

ALSO YOU NEED TO BAN ALL HAND-HELD CELLPHONES!!!!!!......WHY IS FLORIDA SO BEHIND OTHER STATES
NOT TO MENTION WE HAVE THE WORST DRIVERS!!!!!!!!

GET GOING ...DO SOMETHING POSITIVE FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!!