The following comments were received Friday, 12/11/09 through Saturday, 12/12/09. These comments have been compiled without editing.
__________________________________________________ _______________

From K.H.
Good Afternoon
I just read the article in the St. Petes Times about plastic bags.
I am from a small town called Huntsville in Ontario Canada. Just this summer our retail grocers started charging 5 cents per bag. It is amazing to see men, women and children c oming shopping with their reusable bags.
Our population accepted this with hardly any problem.

Thought you might find this informative.

From F.S.
When planning what to do about Florida's use of one-use plastic bags,
full consideration must be given to the ginormous mass of discarded plastic now
floating in the Pacific Ocean. Science has already shown that some of this plastic
is breaking down into globules, and being ingested by birds and ocean life. If the
world's oceans are sterilized by pollution, human life on earth is gone.

From L.R.
Is retail bag tax necessary?

Americans should not be forced or taxed into going green. Going green should be a choice like most liberties.

You may think you are “going green” and helping the environment by buying those cheap polypropylene bags you see in the grocery store, there are some things to consider before you make that purchase. These cheap reusable bags are made from the same material plastic bags are… Oil!

Non-woven polypropylene bags are made from an oil-based product & will live in the landfill right next to the plastic grocery bags for 500 years.

You can help by purchasing bags that are made from natural, biodegradable materials.
Even better, buy reusable bags made from organically grown cotton.
Buy a set of bags for your friends – encourage them into “going green”.

It took me less than 30 minutes to gather this information from the web.
http://www.projectgreenbag.com/blog/...en-sure-buddy/
http://www.projectgreenbag.com/blog/...not-poly-bags/

Let’s take back our country from the thieving self interest rotten politicians.