Links to Verify Information
Tables to Calculate Financial Responsibility (FR) Needed
- Must use exact wording in 40 CFR 280, Subpart H except for substituting or adding “aboveground” where applicable.
- Copy of the signed insurance policy or risk retention group policy and any amendments must be kept with the insurance or endorsement certificate
- The ACORD Form does not use the 40 CFR wording, and therefore it is not acceptable proof of financial responsibility (FR).
- Coverage needs to be continuous with no gaps.
- EPA Insurance Information
can be found on EPA Publications Link, link to (EPA Study on the Effectiveness of UST IN; Guide to Tank IN; List of Known Insurance Providers…,)
Can the ACORD Form substitute for the Code of Federal Regulation (C.F.R.) wording?
No, proof of Insurance must use the exact wording in the 40 CFR.
General Guidance (FAQs)
Tor.Bejnar@dep.state.fl.us (850) 245-8743 (South and Southwest Districts)
Edgar.Echevarria@dep.state.fl.us (850) 245-8793 Disponible para ayuda en español. (Northeast and Southeast Districts)
Susan.F.Eldredge@dep.state.fl.us (850) 245-8740 (Central and Northwest Districts)
If your district representative cannot be reached, feel free to contact any of the other team members.
DEP District Program Contact List
for Storage Tanks