- Must use exact wording in 40 CFR 280, Subpart H except for substituting or adding “aboveground” where applicable.
- If the “owner or operator” name identified on STCM database is different from the "owner or operator" or "guarantor"
name on the Financial Test, make sure a Guarantee form is included. (The difference in names might be small.)
- Be sure the FDEP I.D. number (EPA ID numbers), Facility Name and Site Address and Number of Tanks (or Tank I.D.
numbers, if required) is listed for each facility covered by the Financial Test.
- When Alternate II is used: if financial statements are not filed with the SEC, a Special Report is required.
- Check the math! Link to a Financial Test calculator (spreadsheet) (coming soon)
- The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) may have a title different from "CFO", such as Comptroller, Vice President of
Finance, Treasurer, etc. but the CFO title is unlikely to include the word "assistant".
Check Financial Statements
- Check Auditor’s statement for no adverse comments. An acceptable auditor’s statement should include wording like "In our opinion … presents fairly …."
- Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) –
Form 10-K is the audited annual report. Item 8 of the 10-K is where you should find the auditor’s statement.
- Dun And Bradstreet – Subscription required
Verify Bond Ratings
- Moody's –
Will need to set up free account, or phone Ratings Desk at (212) 553-0377. Moody’s rating must be Baa or better (not including Baa-).
- Standard and Poor's -
Will need to set up free account, or phone Ratings Desk at (877) 772-5436. Standard and Poor’s rating must be BBB or better (not including BBB-).
Legal Name of Owner/Operator
Tables to Calculate Financial Responsibility (FR) Needed
Tor.Bejnar@dep.state.fl.us (850) 245-8743 (South and Southwest Districts)
Edgar.Echevarria@dep.state.fl.us (850) 245-8793 Disponible para ayuda en español. (Northeast and Southeast Districts)
Susan.F.Eldredge@dep.state.fl.us (850) 245-8740 (Central and Northwest Districts)
If your district representative cannot be reached, feel free to contact any of the other team members.
DEP District Program Contact List
for Storage Tanks