Florida has a goal to reach a 75% recycling rate in just a few short years by 2020. Your business, institution or
organization can be part of that race to 75% by making recycling "business as usual." Here are some resources to help
you and ways you can be recognized for your success. The Recycling Recognition program is for any business, institution or
organization. There are also additional recognition programs for certain kinds of businesses such as hotels, marinas and hospitals.
County Recycling Coordinators:
county recycling coordinator
is a good resource to start or expand a recycling program at your business, institution or organization. They know
local conditions, have recycling expertise and can be a key part of your recycling program.
- Get recognized by DEP if your business or organization recycling efforts have taken your recycling rate to 40% or
more. All you need is the total tons of solid waste you recycled and total tons of solid waste you created (recycled +
disposed) for 2012 or another recent 12 month period and about 10 minutes to log that in.
College and University Recycling:
Correctional Institution Recycling:
- The Healthier Hospitals Initiative is a free national campaign aimed
at the health care sector. The program provides guides regarding energy
use, waste reduction, and healthier food and product purchasing.
- Hospitals for a Healthy Environment, a national initiative between
the American Hospital Association and the EPA, with a goal of mercury
- Healthcare Without Harm - aims to eliminate pollution in healthcare
- Sustainable Hospitals project from the Lowell Center for