Greening Florida Government - Ways to Recycle and Reduce Waste
Tips for Recycling and Reducing Workplace Waste
- Reuse file folders (reverse or re-label)
- Keep mailing lists current.
- Eliminate unnecessary reports.
- Make note/scratch pads from used paper.
- Proof documents on computer screen before printing.
- Select products with long warranties.
- Buy products that have recycled content.
- Buy products that have recyclable packaging.
- Rent equipment that is only used occasionally.
- Return toner cartridges for refilling/rebuilding.
- Practice preventive maintenance on all equipment.
- Buy products that have minimized packaging (bulk).
- Reuse envelopes or use inter-office envelopes.
- Use central files to reduce number of hard copies retained.
- Store documents on computer, instead of creating hard copies.
- Route or post memos instead of making multiple copies.
- Double-side (duplex) photocopies-to save paper, trees, and
- When possible, use electronic mail (e-mail) for correspondence -- rather than sending paper or making expensive long distance phone
- Share technical journals, magazines, newspapers and phone books,
rather than receiving multiple subscriptions.
- Sell or give old furniture and equipment to other businesses,
schools, community groups, charitable organizations, etc.
- Buying locally reduces protective packaging and costly transport.
- If it's recyclable, remember to put it in the RECYCLE BIN.
Greening Florida Government Menu
August 29, 2017