Notice of Acceptance of Applications for Advanced Cleanup of Individual Sites Scheduled for Redevelopment Beginning July 3, 2017
Posted June 30, 2017
The Petroleum Restoration Program (PRP) has provided the below links for information regarding Advanced Cleanup of
Individual Sites Scheduled for Redevelopment. Applications may be submitted beginning July 3, 2017. These documents may be updated
periodically by the PRP.
PRP Lowers Funding Eligibility Score to 27
Posted May 8, 2017
Effective May 8, 2017, the Petroleum Restoration Program (PRP) will lower the priority score funding threshold from 30 to 27.
PRP will begin contacting site owners and ATCs, as applicable, concerning site access, deductibles due, cost-share agreements, and work
Petroleum Cleanup and Compliance Programs
Announcement of Town Hall Meeting in Tallahassee
Posted March 15, 2017
The DEP is pleased to announce that it has scheduled a Town Hall style meeting for this quarter with Owners, Responsible Parties,
Contractors, Subcontractors, and all Stakeholders. This will be an open agenda meeting to discuss any topics associated with the Programs and/or
Contracts. Interim Deputy Secretary John Truitt & Division Director Joe Ullo are invited.
Some of the topics discussed may include:
- State of the Compliance & Cleanup Programs
- Reminders & updates for owners/operators of AST/UST due to recent Rule changes
- Owner/RP options for consultant and cleanup goals
- Unique opportunities for Site Cleanup (Innovative Technology, Advanced Cleanup, Low Scored Site Initiative, Conditional Closure Agreement)
- Areas of Concern (Site Access, Petroleum Cleanup Participation Program Limited Contamination Assessment Report funding if below remediation funding score, etc.)
- Looking ahead
Date and Location:
March 31st from 1:30 PM to 5:00 PM EST
Florida Department of Revenue, 2450 Shumard Oak Blvd, Tallahassee, Building 2, Room 1250
Notice of Application Period for Advanced Cleanup Program (AC)
Updated March 1, 2017
The Department of Environmental Protection (Department) will have an Advanced Cleanup (AC) Application period
beginning May 1, 2017 and ending at 5:00 pm on June 30, 2017. Applications for individual sites or bundled sites will
be accepted. For this application period, the Department will allocate up to $12.5 million.
Any questions or additional comments regarding the AC program can be referred to the AC Coordinator Grant Willis at
850-245-8886 or via email at
The following are a list of links to the updated AC Application documents:
Conditional Closure Agreement (Update)
Posted November 16, 2016
PRP has updated the Conditional Closure Agreement (CCA) and the Declaration of Interim Restrictive
Covenant (RC) to address applications where the property use is prohibited or has an existing well. The previous
documents dated 9/1/16 will be accepted if received by December 1, 2016. However, if the current property use already
falls in a prohibited category (as outlined in the RC dated 9/1/16-section 2.) and/or the property has a water use
well, you must submit the revised forms dated 11/9/16. Updated forms and instructions are available on the
PRP Programs webpage.
Any questions regarding the CCA process can be referred to Kyle Kilga at (850) 245-8855 or via email:
Petroleum Restoration Program November 2016 Public Meeting
Posted October 19, 2016
The Petroleum Restoration Program (PRP) is pleased to announce that it has scheduled a meeting for
property owners and other responsible parties with property or facilities participating in a state-funded clean-up
through the PRP, PRP Agency Term Contractors and other contractors, subcontractors working in the PRP, or other
interested parties. This meeting is a training session to help the attendees successfully navigate through Site
Assignment, Scope of Work and Schedule of Pay Items, Invoicing, Quotes, and Change Orders. The morning session will
be of special interest to property owners as it will present a program update and detailed discussion of the site
assignment process. PRP will not be discussing specific sites.
Date and Time: November 3, 2016, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: R.A. Gray Building, 500 S. Bronough Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399
Petroleum Restoration Program Outreach and Training Events
Updated October 5, 2016
UPDATE (10/5): THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO THE PENDING HURRICANE
The Petroleum Restoration Program has been invited to present a Program Update and Training event on October 5, 2016
from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM in rooms 13 and 14 on the second floor of the Rosen Centre Hotel, 9840 International Drive, Orlando in
cooperation with (and the day before) the 22nd Annual Florida Remediation Conference. There is no charge for this event. This training
will provide information to site owners, cleanup contractors, and sub-contractors on the nuts and bolts of the Petroleum Restoration
- Program Update - Funding and Legislative Changes
- Site Assessment Work Flow and Tasking
- Remediation and Site Closure Issues
- Invoicing Tips and Reminders
Similar outreach and training is tentatively scheduled as follows (details provided when available):
- October 26, Daytona, PRP Training in conjunction with the FRF/FPMA Symposium
- November 3, Tallahassee, R.A. Gray Building
In addition, The PRP has been invited to present a Program and Chapter 62-780 update on September 23, 2016 from 10:50 AM
to 12:30 PM at the Annual Florida Association of Environmental Professionals Conference in Bonita Springs
Facilities Listed in Vulnerable Springhsheds (Scored <30)
Updated September 8, 2016
The Petroleum Restoration Program intends to obtain or is in the process of obtaining assessment data (as applicable)
from the attached list of facilities that score less than 30. Pending the assessment findings, the facilities listed may be funded
Petroleum Restoration Program Changes
Effective September 1, 2016
- Retainage for new work funded by the Petroleum Restoration Program through Work Orders (WO) and Purchase Orders (PO) issued after August 31, 2016 will be 5%.
- Field Requests for Change Orders can only be authorized if sufficient contingent funding is available in the SPI to offset the change amount for a net zero change. Prior to mobilizing for the field work, confirm that contingent funding is available (if appropriate). The change order form and guidance are both available on the
- Projections for upcoming assignments through the Contractor Selection Formula (CSF) can be found on the program's
Monthly Dashboard Update
Conditional Closure Agreement
- PRP is accepting Conditional Closure Agreements to accommodate the assignment alternatives outlined in Rule 62-772.401(3).
The Conditional Closure Agreement with Contractor Recommendation Form, as well as Instructions, are available on the
PRP Programs webpage.
Advance Cleanup (AC) Applications and Awards
Updated August 8, 2016
Revisions to Ch. 62-772, FAC, Procurement Procedures for the Petroleum Restoration Program
Posted June 28, 2016
The Petroleum Restoration Program (PRP) is pleased to announce revisions to Chapter 62-772, Florida Administrative
Code (FAC) are in effect, and Statutory revisions related to PRP will be effective July 1, 2016. Please see PDF Linked below for
Important policies, procedures, guidance, and links to related documents. PRP welcomes any comments and/or suggestions to
improve these documents, however please use these forms at this time to allow implementation of applicable laws.
PRP Facilitator Option
Posted February 24, 2016
The Petroleum Restoration Program (PRP) is excited to announce the PRP Facilitator option to assist property owners
and responsible parties with at least twenty (20) program eligible sites. The PRP Facilitator option provides qualifying property
owners and responsible parties with an individual point of contact known as a PRP Facilitator (Facilitator). Individual site managers
will still be overseeing the administrative and technical aspects of site cleanup; however, the Facilitator will able to provide
program support on a more global basis.
The Facilitator option will also assist the PRP management in identifying any issues with Agency Term Contractors (ATCs)
or PRP staff in order to address them in a timely manner. If you are interested in this option or if you have questions please contact:
In order to be assigned a PRP Facilitator please provide a list of your funding eligible sites.
DEP Travel Form for Contractors Use For Supporting Documentation To Invoices
Updated March 29, 2016
The DEP Travel Form available below is to be used by PRP Contractors when necessary. Please note:
Contractors are only eligible for the Per Diem option when overnight travel is required. Invoicing will be based on a $20 per daily quarter basis.
For example: A Contractor leaves the office at 9:00 a.m. on Day 1 and returns to the office the next day at 7:00 p.m., the calculation would be as follows:
- Day 1: 9:00 a.m. falls in the second daily quarter of 6:00 a.m. to Noon, the contractor would be eligible for Qtrs. 2, 3 and 4 on Day 1. (3 @ $20 per quarter = $60)
- Day 2: 7:00 p.m. falls in the fourth daily quarter of 6:00 p.m. to Midnight, the contractor would be eligible for Qtrs. 1, 2 , 3 and 4 on Day 2. (4 @ $20 per quarter = $80)
- Total per diem for payment: $60 + $80 = $140
- Open the “Travel Per Diem Drawing” hyperlink below to assist in understanding the calendar day per diem quarters.
- The signature lines set-up on the travel form will accept the Adobe electronic signature option. However, if a Contractor does not have this
Adobe option available for use, the form can be printed and signed in ink, then scanned and emailed with their invoice request.
Change in Procurement Procedures for Add-on Vapor Phase Carbon
Posted November 14, 2014
PRP Automated Data Processing Tool (ADaPT) User Guide
The Petroleum Restoration Program (PRP) has posted the Automated Data Processing Tool (ADaPT) User Guide on the
Division of Waste Management ADaPT page. Please contact your lab and let them know they must begin submitting the electronic
data deliverables via ADaPT, as it is now a requirement of the FDEP Petroleum Restoration Program for data submissions.
Please refer to the
PRP ADaPT User Guide
for further instructions.
If you are having problems downloading documents from this website, adjust the security settings in your browser. For example, in Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Security - and set the Internet zone to Medium level.