Regulatory Programs Overview
The Deputy Secretary for Regulatory Programs provides
oversight and direction to DEP's five regulatory divisions and
six regulatory district offices.
- The Division of Air Resource Management protects and manages Florida’s air resource, including air quality monitoring, permitting and compliance of emission sources.
- The Division of Water Resource Management implements state laws that protect the quality of Florida’s water, rivers, lakes, estuaries and wetlands, and preservation of the state’s beach and dune systems.
- The Division of Waste Management works to protect the environment from the improper handling and disposal of solid and hazardous wastes.
- The Florida Geological Survey collects, interprets and provides information about Florida’s water, mineral and energy resources.
- The Office of Emergency Response works to assess and minimize threats to the environment.
- Six regulatory district offices review permit applications, conduct inspections of permitted facilities, and conduct compliance assistance and enforcement activities.