The Bureau of Natural and Cultural Resources supports the Florida Park Service mission by providing technical and professional services to coordinate and standardize effective preservation and management of the natural and cultural resources in Florida's state parks. Specific activities include:
- Providing system-wide review and assistance regarding management, restoration and protection of natural systems, listed species, coastal systems, archaeological sites, historic structures, collections and archival materials.
- Ensuring that natural and cultural resource protection is inherent in the planning, design, construction and maintenance of park facilities.
- Providing management and interagency coordination for planning and implementing coastal restoration and erosion control projects.
- Developing and updating standards for resource management, operational procedures, policy guidelines and directives.
- Developing and conducting training for FPS staff on resource management methods and procedures, including organizing and/or contributing to professional meetings, workshops, conferences and publications to maintain and improve resource management skills.
- Tracking and analyzing resource management activities, preparing reports to document trends and disseminating that information throughout the division.
- Issuing statewide
Scientific Research and Collecting Permits, in addition to reviewing and coordinating other natural and cultural resource permits.
- Managing the Florida Park Service Archives, including historic records, plans and photographs, which are open to the public for research.
- Coordinating with other agencies and organizations on natural and cultural resource issues.
Florida State Parks Annual Reports for Resource Management
Review of state park accomplishments in prescribed burning, mechanical
treatment, exotic plant control, nuisance and exotic animal control, and sea
turtle monitoring all together in one document, bookmarked for easy browsing.
2013-2014 Resource Management Annual Report (PDF, 2 MB)
2012-2013 Resource Management Annual Report (PDF,
2011-2012 Resource Management Annual Report (PDF,
2010-2011 Resource Management Annual Report (PDF,
2009-2010 Resource Management Annual Report (PDF,
2008-2009 Resource Management Annual Report (PDF,
Managing Florida's Natural and Cultural Resources (PDF)
Printable color brochure describing the Florida Park Service
land management philosophy and activities.
Florida State Parks
Learn how the Florida Park Service maintains, restores and preserves
Florida's natural and