* DEP Home * About DEP * Programs * Contact * Site Map * Search *

Resources for

 newsletter sign up button

Unless indicated, documents on this Web site are Adobe Acrobat files, and require the free reader software.

Get Adobe Reader Icon


Florida has a right to know button

Report Waste, Fraud and Abuse button


Office of Emergency Response (OER) Quick Links

The Office of Emergency Response (OER) FAQ

  • When do I need to report a spill?

    Spills of petroleum products and other hazardous substances must be reported if they exceed certain quantities. View more information regarding reporting criteria.

  • Who should I call to report a spill?

    Call the State Warning Point at 1-800-320-0519.

  • How do I find a contractor to help me clean up a spill?

    The Office of Emergency Response maintains a list of contractors who can clean up certain types of spills. Presence on this list is not an endorsement of any contractor.

  • How do I get on the contractor list?

    Contact OER at 850-245-2010. Your business must be registered to do business with the State of Florida. Please be prepared to submit proof of experience in the cleanup area you are requesting, as well as proof of training and liability insurance.

  • Where do I get copies of the forms that I need to report spills?

    Electronic copies of common forms are available on our Resources and Links page.


Last updated: June 26, 2015

  3900 Commonwealth Boulevard M.S. 600   Tallahassee, Florida 32399   850-245-2929 (phone) /  877-815-0030 (phone)  /  850-245-2857 (fax)
 Contact Us 
DEP Home | About DEP  | Contact Us | Search |  Site Map