ECO Kid - Send photos of your Eco-Kid to
NED Outreach Program
From the hardwood forests and pine flatwoods near the Georgia border to almost tropical hammocks further down the peninsula, the Northeast District reaches both coastlines and includes a wide diversity of habitats
throughout the system.
Visit enchanting parks, canoe precious waterways and enjoy the outdoors of Northeast Florida with your friends and family:
- The Department of Environmental Protectionís
Greenways and Trails offers a guide to touring northeast Florida by bike, canoe, horseback and foot.
camping, hiking, and fishing are but a few of the great opportunities
Parks in Northeast Florida.
- The Northeast Florida Regional Planning Council's
map cool places to ride with your family.
- Enjoy the natural areas along the St. Johns River by exploring the
managed by the St. Johns River Water
- The Suwannee River Water Management District has over 100,000 acres of beautiful lands on 7 rivers in the Suwannee River Valley just waiting to be explored.
District Lands are open every day for activities such as hiking, bicycling, fishing, horseback riding, hunting and nature study.
Visit Floridaís guide to making the most out of living or visiting Northeast Florida.
Follow these links to learn more about your
- Want to know what you can do to be an excellent environmental citizen? The
Environmental Protection Agency (External) offers some helpful hints as
well as fun and games with the environment.
- The Florida Fish and Wildlife
Conservation Commission (External) has wildlife information from
alligators to woodpeckers.
- Visit the Fish and Wildlife Service
(External) to find out all about endangered species like our very own
Florida Panther, Black Bear and Manatee.
- Donít be a litterbug!
Keep America Beautiful
(External) tests your knowledge of waste management with puzzles galore!
- Always wonder where glaciers come from and how they form? Thereís more
information in the
(External) about our environment than just glaciers.
- Read about Kids For a Cleaner
Environment (External) and how others are caring for their
- Read more about
Global Warning (External) and its effects on
- Ever wonder whatís really out there? Find out what astronauts at
b>NASA (External) have discovered in their travels to outer space.
Test your knowledge of environmental citizenship and
unscramble the words:
Something you can do to reduce waste: YLECRCE
What we save when we turn off the lights: GNEYRE
Turn it off while you brush your teeth: TEWRA
It's your backyard!: ARODFLI
Kinds of plants and animals that aren't native: OTCSXIE