Florida Lottery Update (11:30 AM Tuesday August 29)
- Miami, Ft. Myers, and Palm Beach district offices are closed
- Lottery senior staff are holding twice-daily meetings to
situation and implement emergency procedures.
- Power generators have been topped-off and all back-up systems
ready in the event of power outage or communications failure.
- Decision for additional closures for Wednesday will be
today at 3:30 PM. In order to ensure proper communication, we
disseminate this information redundantly via the Lottery website,
message, and press releases. All announcements are coordinated between
district staff, and major vendors.
- Lottery retailers will receive periodic updates via our
terminals messaging capability, with a special emphasis on ensuring
they take the necessary steps to protect their family, property,
- Lottery vendors (Scientific Games and GTECH) have activated
emergency plans for their employees, facilities, and operations.
for tickets, etc. continue so long as UPS is operational. GTECH is
evacuating some personnel from the South Florida region until the storm
- We have an emergency 2-week supply of necessary inventory,
playslips and ticket stock, in the event our Miami printer (Flamingo
Graphics) goes offline due to storm damage.
- The Lottery will continue to limit promotional advertising and
outbound marketing calls in the impacted region.
- All game drawings continue to take place as normally
Winning numbers and prize payouts will be posted to the Lottery website
via press releases, as usual.
# # #