FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 12, 2006
CONTACT: State Emergency Operations Center
Public Information-ESF14 (850) 921-0384
Tropical Storm Alberto
Statewide Briefing Sheet
as of 2:30 p.m., June 12, 2006
Hurricane warnings are in effect from Wakulla County (Ochlockonee
River) south and eastward through Manatee County (Longboat Key).
Tropical storm warnings are in effect for all of Franklin County
and Sarasota County
Tropical storm watches are in effect for Lee and Charlotte
Citrus: West of U.S. 19 and 1.5 miles east of US 19
- Franklin: Alligator Point and low-lying coastal areas.
- Wakulla: Panacea, Ochlockonee Bay, St. Marks and low-lying
- Dixie: low-lying coastal areas
- Levy: West of U.S. 19, including the cities of Inglis,
Yankeetown, Hammock, Otter Creek and Rosewood.
- Taylor: low-lying coastal areas from Aucilla River to
- Hillsborough: low-lying areas
No tolls suspended at this time.
No bridge closures at this time.
No major road closures at this time.
- General Shelters 17 shelters on standby, Population: 0
- Special Needs Shelters: 1, Population: 0
No hospitals closed at this time.
- Port Everglades: Open
- Tampa: Open
- Jacksonville: Open
- Panhandle Ports: Open
Florida National Guard: 7500 Guardsmen on standby