FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 20, 2005
CONTACT: ESF 14, Public Information (850) 921-0384
STATEWIDE RESPONSE BRIEFING SHEET
September 20, 2005: afternoon
***The information below represents the best
available information at the time of this release. Floridians
are encouraged to contact their local authorities for additional
information as it becomes available.***
The following evacuations remain in
- Monroe: Mandatory evacuation for all residents.
Miami-Dade: Mandatory evacuation for residents in Mobile Homes.
Voluntary evacuation for barrier islands and coastal areas.
(Zone A Evacuation Zone.
- Broward: Recommended evacuation for
all residents in mobile homes.
- Collier: Voluntary evacuation
for residents in mobile homes in Goodland, Everglades City and
For additional information pertaining to county evacuations,
curfews and re-entry, please contact the local county emergency
- General Shelters: 11; Population: 1,301
Dade: 4, Population: 1,105
- Broward: 7, Population 196
- Special Needs Shelters: 3; Population: 104
- Miami Dade: 1,
- Broward: 2, Population: 29
For additional information pertaining to shelters, please
contact the local county emergency operations center.
- Monroe: All hospitals closed
- Florida National
- Florida: 1515
- Mississippi: 371
Please see attached power briefing.
- Monroe: Tuesday
- Miami-Dade: Tuesday
- No confirmed permanent road damage at
- Monroe County: Card Sound Road (Bridge)
Florida's Turnpike: tolls are now suspended from Florida City in
Miami-Dade County northbound to Boynton Beach
- Alligator Alley westbound.
- Key West International Airport
- Key West
- Florida Keys Marathon Airport
- Homestead Air Reserve Base
- None reported at this time.
Fatalities Confirmed by Medical Examiner Total Tropical Storm
Rita related fatalities confirmed statewide: none confirmed by
the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
For more information, please visit
# # #