FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 29, 2005
CONTACT: ESF 14, Public Information (850) 921-0384
STATEWIDE RESPONSE BRIEFING SHEET
August 29, 2005: afternoon
***The information below represents the best available
information at the time of this release. Floridians are encouraged
to contact their local authorities for additional information as
it becomes available.***
The following evacuations are in effect:
For additional information pertaining to county evacuations,
curfews and re-entry, please contact the local county emergency
- Escambia: Mandatory evacuation for Category 3 evacuation
- Santa Rosa: Mandatory evacuation for barrier islands.
- Okaloosa: Mandatory evacuation for barrier islands.
- Walton: Voluntary evacuation.
- Gulf: Mandatory evacuation of Cape San Blas. Voluntary
evacuation of coastal areas, low-lying areas and less than standard
- Wakulla: Mandatory evacuation for low-lying areas
and less than standard housing.
- Taylor: Mandatory evacuation of residents and guests
in coastal areas and low-lying areas.
Shelter totals reflect that general and special needs shelters
- 19 General Shelters, Population: 1,914
- Escambia: 10 Shelters, Population 1,835
- Santa Rosa: 2 Shelters, Population 364
- Okaloosa: 2 Shelter, Population 179
- Leon: 1 Shelter, Population 101
- Levy: 3 Shelters, Population 16
- Miami-Dade: 1 Shelters, Population 28
- 2 Special Needs Shelters, Population: 77
- Escambia: 1 Shelters, Population 58
- Santa Rosa: 1 Shelter, Population 19
For additional information pertaining to shelters,
please contact the local county emergency operations center.
Florida National Guard: 714
See power briefing.
- Highway 98 at Brooks Bridge & Okaloosa
- Destin Bridge (SR 30) closed
- Escambia Bay Bridge (I-10) closed
- Pensacola Bay Bridge
(3 Mile Bridge) HWY98 closed
- Garcon Bridge
- SR 363 South of Newport Rd (St
- North Church Street washed out
- County Rd 30A and Oyster Drive roads inaccessible (Surge
at 8 feet on coast)
- Sycamore/Highway 20 Bridge 3 feet
- Phoenix Gulf Drive/HWY98 traffic light
- Clyde B Wells Bridge closed by county to vehicle
- Nursery Road and Whisper Lane (South Walton)
closed due to flooding
- All tolls in the Florida Panhandle are now suspended.
- Pensacola Regional Airport
- Okaloosa Regional
- Whiting Field NAS North
Field NAS South
- Dade-Collier Training and
Miami-Dade: Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Authority
Redlands Mobile Home Park, SW 232 Street, Goulds
KOA Miami South, SW 162 Ave, Miami
Americana Village, SW 180 Ave ,Miami
Jones Mobile Home Park, NW 185th Street, Miami
Redlands Properties, 13620 Packing House Road, Princeton
Silver Palm Mobile Home Park, SW 232 Street, Goulds
Lighthouse Utilities on Cape San Blas north of Stumphole.
For county specific information pertaining to areas
under boil water advisories, please contact the local county
emergency operations center.
Total hurricane related fatalities confirmed statewide
by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement: 11
- Broward County: 6
- Miami-Dade: 5
President Bush granted Florida a Presidential Disaster Declaration on August 28, 2005, providing Public Assistance for:
For more information, please visit
# # #