FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 29, 2005
CONTACT: ESF 14, Public Information (850) 921-0384
STATEWIDE RESPONSE BRIEFING SHEET
August 29, 2005: morning
***The information below represents the best available
information at the time of this release. Floridians are encouraged
to contact their local authorities for additional information as
it becomes available.***
The following evacuations are in effect:
For additional information pertaining to county evacuations,
curfews and re-entry, please contact the local county emergency
- Escambia: Mandatory evacuation for Category 3 evacuation
- Santa Rosa: Mandatory evacuation for barrier islands.
- Okaloosa: Mandatory evacuation for barrier islands.
- Walton: Voluntary evacuation.
- Gulf: Mandatory evacuation of Cape San Blas. Voluntary
evacuation of coastal areas, low-lying areas and less than standard
- Franklin: Mandatory evacuation of all barrier islands,
Alligator Point and low-lying areas.
- Wakulla: Mandatory evacuation for low-lying areas
and less than standard housing.
- Taylor: Mandatory evacuation of residents and guests
in coastal areas and low-lying areas.
Shelter totals reflect that general and special needs shelters
- 21 General Shelters, Population: 1,505
- Escambia: 9 Shelters, Population 941
- Santa Rosa: 2 Shelters, Population 218
- Okaloosa: 1 Shelter, Population 62
- Walton: 1 Shelter, Population 27
- Wakulla: 1 Shelter, Population 2
- Leon: 1 Shelter, Population 4
- Taylor: 1 Shelter, Population 0
- Levy: 3 Shelters, Population 16
- Miami-Dade: 2 Shelters, Population 173
- 5 Special Needs Shelters, Population: 68
- Escambia: 1 Shelters, Population 58
- Santa Rosa: 1 Shelter, Population 0
- Okaloosa: 1 Shelter, Population 0
- Walton: 1 Shelter, Population 9
- Leon: 1 Shelter, Population 1
For additional information pertaining to shelters,
please contact the local county emergency operations center.
Florida National Guard: 714
See power briefing.
Bay Bridge, I-10 closed due to wind gust.
98 (Okaloosa Island) closed due to water over road.
- SR 30E (Stumphole) Gulf County closed due to
water across road
- Saint George Island Bridge
closed due to high winds
- US 98 Pensacola Bay
Bridge closed due to high winds
- All tolls in the Florida Panhandle are now suspended.
- Pensacola Regional Airport
- Pensacola Regional Airport
- Okaloosa Regional
- Whiting Field NAS North
Field NAS South
- Dade-Collier Training and
- Gulf County – Lighthouse Utilities on Cape San Blas north of Stumphole.
- Miami-Dade Water & Sewer Authority
- Seminole Tribe of Florida
For county specific information pertaining to areas
under boil water advisories, please contact the local county
emergency operations center.
Total hurricane related fatalities confirmed statewide
by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement: 11
- Broward County: 6
- Miami-Dade: 5
President Bush granted Florida a Presidential Disaster Declaration on August 28, 2005, providing Public Assistance for:
For more information, please visit
# # #