FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 28, 2005
CONTACT: ESF 14, Public Information (850) 921-0384
STATEWIDE RESPONSE BRIEFING SHEET
August 28, 2005: morning
***The information below represents the best available information at
the time of this release. Floridians are encouraged to contact their
local authorities for additional information as it becomes available.***
The following evacuations still remain in effect:
For additional information pertaining to county evacuations, curfews
and re-entry, please contact the local county emergency operations
- Santa Rosa: Mandatory Evacuation
Shelter totals reflect that general and special needs shelters may
- 3 Total Shelters: Population Total 150
- 3 General Shelters:
- Broward: 1 Shelter, Population 7
- Miami-Dade: 2 Shelters, Population 143
- There are no patients currently in Special Needs Shelters
For additional information pertaining to shelters, please contact the
local county emergency operations center.
Florida National Guard: 781
See power briefing.
- All roads on the state road system are open.
- Tolls on Florida’s Turnpike have been reinstated in Palm Beach and
- Effective 6:00 am, toll collection has been reinstated in the
Turnpike's Ticket System Three Lakes Toll Plaza to Okeechobee Road, US
27 in Miami Dade County.
- The Sawgrass Expressway and westbound I-75/Alligator Alley have
also been reinstated.
- Tolls remain suspended on Florida's Turnpike in both directions
from Florida City, MP 1 to Northwest 106 Street, MP 34.
Public-use airports and military airfields reported as CLOSED:
- Dade-Collier Training and Transition (TNT), Miami-Dade County,
currently closed until further notice
- Pensacola NAS (NPA), Escambia County, airport is closed until 1:30
- Whiting Field NAS North (NSE), Santa Rosa County, airport closed
until 5:40 PM (L) 8/31/05
- Whiting Field NAS South (NDZ), Santa Rosa County, airport closed
until 8:00 AM (L) 8/31/05
Public-use and military airfields in Florida are being reported as "OPEN"
but have operational limitations:
- Duke Field (EGI), Okaloosa County, airport is open to aircraft on
"Official Business Only until 12:00 PM (L) 8/31/05
- Eglin AFB (VPS), Okaloosa County, airport is open to aircraft on
"Official Business Only until 7:00 PM (L) 9/1/05
- MacDill AFB (MCF), Hillsborough County, airport is open to
aircraft on "Official Business Only" for the period 6:00 PM (L) 8/25/05
until 12:00 PM (L) 8/29/05
- City of Homestead
- Miami-Dade Water & Sewer Authority
- Seminole Tribe of Florida
For county specific information pertaining to areas under boil water
advisories, please contact the local county emergency operations center.
Total hurricane related fatalities confirmed statewide by the Florida
Department of Law Enforcement: 5
- Broward County: 4
- Miami-Dade: 1
For more information, please visit
# # #