FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 26, 2005
CONTACT: ESF 14, Public Information (850) 921-0384
STATEWIDE RESPONSE BRIEFING SHEET
As of 8 am EDT, August 26, 2005
***The information below represents the best available information at
the time of this release. Floridians are encouraged tcontact their
local authorities for additional information as it becomes available.***
The following evacuations still remain in effect:
- Broward: Voluntary evacuation for Category 1 evacuation
- Glades: Voluntary evacuation for mobile homes and low
- Hendry: Voluntary evacuation for mobile homes and low
- Martin: Mandatory Category 1 evacuation includes
Barrier Islands, Mobile homes and low lying areas.
- Miami-Dade: Voluntary evacuation for low lying areas.
- Palm Beach: Mandatory evacuation for Category 1
For additional information pertaining to county evacuations, curfews
and re-entry, please contact the local county emergency operations
- General Shelters: 35; Population: 2,090
- Broward: 19, Population: 1,088
- Collier: 2, Population: 46
- Glades 1, Population: 0
- Martin: 2, Population: 67
- Miami-Dade: 1, Population: 203
- Okeechobee: 1, Population: 20
- Palm Beach: 9, Population: 666
- Special Needs Shelters: 8; Population: 133
- Broward: 5, Population: 130
- Highlands: 1, Population: 0
- Miami-Dade: 1, Population: 3
- Palm Beach: 1, Population: 0
For additional information pertaining tshelters, please contact the
local county emergency operations center.
- Kindred Hospital: lost power; transferred 35 ventilator
patients due tgenerator failure.
- Jackson Hospital: reported flooding and generator failure;
requesting patient evacuation. Homestead Hospital: reported
flooding; requesting patient evacuation.
Florida National Guard: 950
See statewide power briefing for outage information.
- Florida Highway Patrol confirms collapse of new construction
overpass at NW 97th Avenue on tSR-836/ Dolphin Expressway.
- Florida's Turnpike tolls are now suspended from Florida City in
Miami-Dade County (milepost 1) north and south bound tthe Three Lakes
Toll Plaza (milepost 236) in Osceola County. Tolls alsremain suspended
until further notice on the entire Sawgrass Expressway (Toll 869) in
Broward County, westbound Alligator Alley (I-75)
Public-use airports and military airfields reported as CLOSD:
- Dade-Collier Training and Transition (TNT)
- Miami-Dade County
- Miami International (MIA)
- Homestead ARB (HST), Miami-Dade County – expected treopen at
9:00 AM, 8/26/05
- PompanBeach (PMP), Broward County
Public-use and military airfields in Florida are being reported as
"OPEN" but have operational limitations:
- MacDill AFB (MCF), Hillsborough County, airport is open t
aircraft for official business only.
- None reported at this time.
For county specific information pertaining tareas under boil water
advisories, please contact the local county emergency operations center.
Total hurricane related fatalities confirmed statewide: none
confirmed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
For more information, please visit
# # #