FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 28, 2005
CONTACT: ESF 14, Public Information (850) 921-0384
POWER BRIEFING SHEET
As of 3 p.m., August 28, 2005
***The information below represents the best available
information at the time of this release. Floridians are encouraged
to contact their local authorities for additional information as it
After the landfall of Hurricane Katrina in South Florida, close to 496,400 customers across three counties are affected by power outages.
Power outages are affecting approximately 495,200 FPL customers and 1,200 municipal customers.
- 18% of total customers without power.
- Approximately 162,800 of 880,207 FPL customers without power.
- 34% of total customers without power.
- Approximately 332,400 of 968,480 FPL customers without power.
- Approximately 200 municipal customers without power.
- 2% of total customers without power.
- 100% of power restored to cooperative customers.
- Approximately 1,000 municipal customers without power.
PALM BEACH COUNTY
# # #