The Department of Environmental
Protection (DEP) and Department of Management Services (DMS)
have successfully collaborated on the development of a legislatively required
database to record and maintain the inventory of real estate
properties that are "owned, leased, rented, or otherwise occupied"
by any state government entity. The 2010 legislation requires:
- The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to create a
comprehensive information system of all state-owned and leased
- Agencies to enter required real property information into
the comprehensive real property system.
- DEP, in coordination with DMS, to provide an annual report
to the governor and legislature on properties recommended for
sale or other disposition actions.
DEP and DMS have implemented the
new Florida State Owned Lands and Records Information System
(FL-SOLARIS). It is designed with two main components:
- Facility Information Tracking System (FITS) - available
since April 2012
- Lands Information Tracking System (LITS) - available since