Acquisition and Restoration Council
The Acquisition and Restoration Council (ARC) is a
10-member group with representatives from four state
agencies, four appointees of the Governor, one appointee by
the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), and one
appointee by the Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer
Services (DACS). ARC has responsibility for the evaluation,
selection and ranking of state land acquisition projects on
the Florida Forever priority list, as well as the
review of management plans and land uses for all state-owned
With assistance from the Florida Department of Environmental
Protection (DEP) staff and the Florida Natural Areas Inventory (FNAI),
ARC has the following responsibilities:
- Reviews Florida Forever project proposals and
decides evaluation needs.
- Determines final project boundaries.
- Establishes priority ranking of projects and adopts
annual land acquisition work plan.
FNAI provides scientific support to DEP staff and ARC in several
- Reviews all management plans for state-owned lands.
- Reviews land use requests on state conservation lands,
including easements, subleases and others.
- Scientific review of newly proposed land acquisition
- Comprehensive analysis and scoring of all Florida
Forever projects using the Conservation Needs Assessment
- Reviews land management plans and participates in land
Hank Vinson Staff Director at (850)245-2713 for additional
State Lands Home
Florida Communities Trust
Sell Land to State
Land Acquisition Process
Buy Land from State
Florida Forever Quick Links
ARC Mailing List
To receive updates on the activities of ARC,
enter your email address below.