- The Florida Department of Environmental Protection is
the lead agency in state government for environmental
management and stewardship. The Department of
Environmental Protection is one of the more diverse
agencies in state government, protecting Florida’s air,
water and land.
- The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
is charged with the mission of managing fish and
wildlife resources for their long-term well-being and
the benefit of people.
- The South Florida Water Management District mission is
to protect and manage water resources of the region by
balancing and improving water quality, flood control,
natural systems and water supply.
- The mission of the Florida Department of Agriculture
and Consumer Services is to safeguard the public and
support Florida's agricultural economy.
- The Florida Department of Community Affairs
mission is to assist Florida communities in meeting the
challenges of growth, reducing the effects of disasters
and investing in community revitalization.
- Spanning the southern tip of the Florida peninsula and
most of Florida Bay, Everglades National Park is the
only subtropical preserve in North America. Everglades
National Park has been designated a World Heritage Site,
an International Biosphere Reserve, and a Wetland of
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers provides quality
planning, engineering, construction and operations
products and services to meet the needs of the Armed
Forces and the nation.
- The mission of the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service:
working with others to conserve, protect and enhance
fish, wildlife, and plants and their habitats for the
continuing benefit of the American people.
- The U.S. Department of the Interior’s mission is to
protect America’s treasures for future generations,
provide access to the nation’s natural and cultural
heritage, provide wise stewardship of energy and mineral
resources, and conserve and protect fish and wildlife.
- The mission of the U.S. Environmental Protection
Agency is to protect human health and the environment.
Since 1970, EPA has been working for a cleaner,
healthier environment for the American people.