St. Joseph Bay Aquatic Preserve Education and Outreach
Education and Outreach Management Program are essential management tools
to increase public awareness and promote informed stewardship by local communities.
The Friends of the St. Joseph Bay Preserves, Inc., a nonprofit Citizens Support Organization,
assists in these efforts. It raises funds, provides volunteer services and promotes environmental
Education and Training Activities
- Field studies for students and teachers.
- Development and distribution of educational information:
- flyers, brochures, guides, signage, and posters;
- public service announcements; and
- participation in local festivals and events.
- Volunteer networks;
- Training workshops for local citizens and decision-makers:
- lectures and interpretive tours.
- Staff participation in workshops and conferences.
- A school-based program to bring the bay to the local students.
- Installed three kiosks at local boat ramps with
information about the Central Panhandle Aquatic
Preserves' new "Caution: Shallow Seagrass" buoy system.
- Partnered with Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation
Commission to update the St. Joseph Bay Guide to Boating
December 06, 2016
3900 Commonwealth Boulevard M.S. 235
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
DEP Home | About DEP
| Contact Us | Search |
Site Map |