Guided Kayak Tours
Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center
300 Tower Road
Naples, FL 34113
From Environmental Learning Center, go south on Collier Blvd two miles. Turn
right on Shell Island Road (look for brown Field Station sign). Proceed down
bumpy, winding road until the end at the Shell Island Road Boat
Dates and Times
- Tue, Nov 8, 9:30 - 11:30 am
Two-hour guided kayak tours of Rookery Bay and its surroundings
provide an up-close and personal experience of this
irreplaceable national treasure. Paddle lazily through the
shallows and maze-like mangrove tunnels while learning about
your surroundings from an experienced guide and naturalist.
November through April, kayak trips will run from 9:30 to 11:30
a.m., Tuesday through Friday.
Important Notes for Trip Participants:
Registration is required. No refunds for cancellations.
Cost is $59 ($49 for members) and includes a kayak, all
equipment, paddling instruction and admission to the Rookery
Bay Environmental Learning Center.
- Paddlers must be 12 or older.
- Weight limit: 250 pounds.
- Wear closed-toed shoes and clothes that you do not mind getting wet.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, sun block, and a water bottle.
- Leave all electronic equipment locked in your car as you will get wet.
- In the event of severely inclement weather, your trip leader will contact you on the morning of the trip at the phone number you provide when registering.
- Meet at launch site 30 minutes prior to scheduled start time.