Public Use Issues at GTM Research Reserve
Encouraging public use that is compatible with resource protection is a priority of GTM Research
Reserve. The natural and cultural resources of GTM Research Reserve provide an unique user experience
- Proactively respond to multiple user conflicts
associated with the trails while sustaining habitat
- Enhance trail access for users with special needs.
- Enhance compatible use at the dam and surrounding
- Increase public awareness of GTM Research
- Keep up-to-date issue-based beach information kiosks
- Reduce unauthorized activities associated with the
- Reduce littering and unauthorized paths in the marsh
adjacent to the dam.
- Increase enforcement of fishing regulations after
- Reduce beach litter.
- Discourage beach parking after hours of operation.
- Improve compliance of future docks with Aquatic
- Reduce instances of wildlife harassment and damage
to beach habitats by unleashed domestic animals.
Ensure recreation is sustainable and consistent
with resource protection for the benefit of
existing and future generations
More information on how GTM Research Reserve is
addressing public use is available within the
GTM Research Reserve Management Plan
(pdf - 12.8 MB).
Get Involved / Visit Us
April 04, 2011
3900 Commonwealth Boulevard M.S. 235
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
850-245-2094 (phone) / 850-245-2110 (fax)
DEP Home | About DEP
| Contact Us | Search |