The Scourge of Surge: What You Need to Know About Hurricanes and Storm Surge
Please join us for this free program.
With more than 1,300 miles of coastline and more than 8,426 miles
of tidal shoreline, Florida is at high risk form the impacts of
severe weather and sea level rise.
- Thu, May 8, 5:30 - 7 pm - Cancelled, to be
Apalachicola Environmental Education and Training Center
108 Island Drive
Eastpoint, FL 32328
Homeowners and residents of Franklin County
Find out how you can be prepared for hurricanes and storm surges and how to use the new Storm Surge
- Learn how hurricanes develop and sustain themselves;
- Identify risks to coastal property in Franklin County from storm surges and flooding;
- See new national weather maps that show your risks and give real time predictions;
- Find out how evacuation orders and road closures are made and how it affects you;
- Hear about the National Flood Insurance Program and how property owners can save on flood
insurance premiums through the Community Rating System; and
- Pets and Hurricanes: What you need to know.
Get a free copy of the new "Florida Homeowers Handbook to Prepare for Natural Hazards."
To sign up or for more information, contact Jason Garwood,