Forum for Ecological Restoration
St. Joseph Bay State Buffer Preserve
3915 Highway C-30
Port St. Joe, FL 32456
Date and Time
- Tue, May 13, 9 am - 4:30 pm
Come join us for an interactive forum for ecological restoration professionals. This is the first in an
anticipated series of topical forums to share experiences and lessons learned, ask questions, find out
about potential funding and more. The goals are to learn from each other and encourage science-based
decision making to improve success of restoration projects.
This first forum will focus on sea grass restoration and
building a network of support and collaboration among
Topics to be included:
- Case studies of seagrass restoration projects, including
lessons learne,d techniques, etc.
- Science-based approaches to seagrass restoration:
transplanting, mapping, monitoring and maintenance
- Florida DEP Ecosystem Restoration Program nursery
- Laws & regulations regarding boating damage and mitigation
- Brief overview of RESTORE Act funding
- Introduction to Society for Ecological Restoration - SE
Chapter and potential certification program
- Identifying the top issues for future forums and creating
Who should attend? Anyone who works with
planning, designing, installing, permitting, reviewing, managing or
funding ecological restoration projects.
Pre-registration is required. $10, includes lunch and
materials. Register online at
online and make check payable to Friends of the Reserve, 108
Island Drive, Eastpoint, FL 32328.
For more information, contact Rosalyn Kilcollins at (850) 670-7708 or Rosalyn.email@example.com.