Rating System: Reducing Flood Insurance Costs through Comprehensive Floodplain
Apalachicola Environmental Education and Training Center
108 Island Drive
Eastpoint, FL 32328
Date and Time
- Tue, Jun 18, 9 am - 4:30 pm
This workshop will include:
- Information about the National Flood Insurance Program (FNIP);
- Highlights of research on the Community Rating System (CRS) and
effectiveness of flood mitigation techniques for communities;
- Updates to NFIP based on Biggert-Waters Act;
- Introduction to using Green Infrastructure for flood protection
and the Coastal Resilience Index Community Self-Assessment;
- Hands-on experience with the CRS evaluation process
and potential for improvements in a community's CRS rating;
- Information about the CRS and recent changes to the system,
- Opportunities to network with other communities also
interested in saving money on their flood insurance to share
creative solutions and lessons learned.
Who should attend?
This workshop is intended for city and county officials involved
with floodplain management and interested in saving money in their
community via the Community Rating System.
Lunch provided, registration is required, no cost - FREE!
Register online at
For additional information, contact Rosalyn Kilcollins,