CD Home > Drinking Water >
Reporting Requirements >
Exceedance or violation of the
Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) for nitrate, nitrite, or total
nitrate and nitrite,
E. coli in the source water or MCL in the distribution system,
or failure to test for E. coli when any repeat sample tests
positive for coliform.
More examples are found in
Rule 62-560.410(1)(a)(1)(a-g), F.A.C.
Issued for violations of a
non-acute maximum contaminant level, maximum residual
disinfectant level, treatment technique requirement, and
variance or exemption schedule that are not described in Tier 1
1. A description of the violation.
2. When the violation occurred.
3. Any potential health effects.
mandatory health effects language for Teir 1 and Tier 2 PN)
4. Should alternate water supplies be
5. What is the population at risk.
6. Any actions consumers should take.
7. What is being done to correct the
8. When the system is expected to
return to compliance.
9. Contact person and phone number for
10. Required distribution language.
For Additional Assistance with Bacteriological Public Notices related to
missing or insufficient routine compliance samples: