Title V Annual Emissions Fee On-line Information Center
The Department of Environmental Protection has
amended subsection 62-213.205, F.A.C., to conform with 403.0872 FS,
as amended by the Legislature in 2013, so that annual emissions fees
collected by the Department from major sources of air pollution
(Title V sources) will now be based on the actual amount of
regulated air pollutants emitted, instead of being based on the
amount of regulated air pollutants allowed to be emitted by permit,
as in the past. The Department also repealed subsection
62-213.900(1), F.A.C., Major Air Pollution Source Annual Emissions
Fee Form (DEP Form No. 62-213.900(1)), and, therefore, has amended
subsection 62-210.900(5), F.A.C., Annual Operating Report (AOR) for
Air Pollutant Emitting Facility, Form and Instructions (DEP Form No.
62-210.900(5)), to address the major air pollution source annual
emissions fees. The new AOR form and instructions (effective
December 31, 2013) are available at:
Resources to help you complete your 2013 AOR are available on the electronic AOR (EAOR) website at:
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/air/emission/eaor. If you have questions or need assistance after reviewing the information posted
on the EAOR website, please contact us by phone at (850) 717-9000 or email at
The following information is available to assist in understanding the recent rule changes related to the Annual Operating Report, the automatic calculation of annual emissions fees and the new requirements for submitting the appropriate Title V Annual Emissions fee:
- The Title V Annual Emissions Fee form (DEP Form No. 62-213.900(1)) has been repealed.
A separate Annual Emissions Fee form is no longer required to be submitted by March 1st each year.
- The Title V Annual Emissions Fees will be automatically calculated by the Electronic Annual Operating Report (EAOR) application based upon the actual emissions reported for each pollutant specifically regulated at the Title V facility. Upon completing the EAOR entries, an
invoice can be printed by the source showing which of the reported emissions are subject to the fee and the total Title V Annual Emissions Fee that is due.
- Because the Title V Annual Emissions Fees are automatically calculated according to programming logic based on the Title V fee rule, each Title V source must submit the AOR using the DEP’s EAOR software unless the Title V source claims a technical or financial hardship for using the EAOR. In which case, the source may submit DEP Form No. 62-210.900(5) and the appropriate Title V Annual Emissions Fee to the DEP by mail, instead of using the reporting software.
- For informational purposes, the applicable fee factor for the calendar year 2013 annual emissions fee is $27/ton. For calendar year 2014 emissions and beyond, the applicable fee factor is set at $30/ton. The applicable fee factor is programmed into the EAOR logic and will be used to automatically generate the total fee due for each calendar year emissions. Please note that if the calculated fee payment is not postmarked or electronically submitted by April 1st, the Department shall impose, in addition to the fee, a penalty of 50 percent of the amount of the unpaid fee, plus interest on such amount.
- The interest rate for the calendar year 2013 fees that are due but not paid by April 1, 2014, as established pursuant to Section 55.03, Florida Statutes, has been set at 4.75% per annum (0.396% per month). This interest rate is subject to change on a quarterly basis, so if you are making a payment after April 1st, please check with one of the fee review contacts for the current interest rate.
- The Department strongly encourages facilities to complete the EAOR as soon as possible in order to provide yourselves adequate time for reviewing the automatically calculated fees and requesting the generation of a payment for submissions prior to the April 1st due date.
- After reviewing this information and first resolving any AOR related questions, if you still have questions related to the automatic calculation of the Annual Emissions Fees, please contact the specified fee reviewer listed in the Fee Reviewer Contact List available below.
- Annual Operating Report for Air Pollutant Emitting
Facility [Including Title V Source Emissions Fee Calculation]
- Where to send Annual Emissions Fees
[PDF - 27kb]
Effective Date 01/01/14
- Rule 62-213.205, F.A.C., Annual Emissions Fee
[PDF - 39kb]
Effective Date 03/11/10
- 2013 Fee Review Contact List
[PDF - 43kb]
Effective Date 01/01/14
- Chapter 62-213, F.A.C., Effective December 31, 2013
- Chapter 62-210, F.A.C., Effective December 31, 2013
Notice of Proposed Rule, Chapter 62-213, F.A.C., Published November 4, 2013, Effective December 31, 2013
Notice of Proposed Rule, Chapter 62-210, F.A.C., Published
November 4, 2013, Effective December 31, 2013
August 04, 2014