Things you can do to keep Florida's Air Clean
- Call your local utility company and have an energy audit done on
- Install automatic setback thermostats to program temperature
- Turn thermostat down in winter/up in summer.
- Turn off lights
when you leave the room, and turn off appliances
during peak times.
- Use compact fluorescent lights .
- Keep doors and blinds closed during hot days, close off unused
- Make sure your home is well insulated; caulk and weather-strip
- Shade east and west windows.
- On hot days, delay heat-generating activities (such as cooking
and dishwashing) until evening.
- Install and/or use
ceiling fans .
- Use attic fans to pull cooler air into the house while pushing
warmer inside air out.
More Things You Can Do
June 26, 2015