How Can I Volunteer?
The qualifications and abilities needed to volunteer include the following:
- Be a team player, be dependable, commit to your volunteer experience, and support your volunteer
group and staff. Display a positive, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Work effectively with the public, other volunteers and staff members
- Maintain an open mind, be flexible and show a willingness to learn and try new things.
- Be at least 18 years of age or have your guardian's signature on the Volunteer Application Form.
Step 1: Entrance Interview and Application
- Complete and return a
Volunteer Application to the GTM Research Reserve Volunteer
Coordinator, Carly Swatek, (904) 823-4500.
- Contact the Volunteer Coordinator to confirm your application was received and set an interview time.
- Attend an orientation meeting as soon as possible following your interview.
Step 2: Orientation
This orientation is similar to that which you would receive as a new employee. Items that will be
covered during your orientation are:
- Policies and Procedures
- Training Guidelines
- Worker's Compensation
- Volunteer Rights and Benefits
- Volunteer Responsibilities
- Anti Harassment
- Volunteer ID Card
- Site Tour
Step 3: Reporting to your Assignment
After your orientation, contact the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule your initial assignment and
training. Your ID card will be issued by your supervisor upon arrival.
For more information, please call
(904) 823-4500 or email
Get Involved / Visit Us